Names, Minigames, Collisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habris

Derby Player of the Year | 2019
As the title suggests, I would like to suggest changing these things a bit
1. Names, due to complaints and confusion it would be great to add a command to know which names a player has used before
2. Courier and delivery jobs can be easily griefed, why not send the player to a different world just like in races to avoid *accidental* griefing?
3. Collisions, just like they used to be except it should be toggled off as default to avoid pushing new players around

Last edited:

AlanNeos

VIP
Former Staff
1. Players used to be able to view players' previous names but we then realized that it was a mistake and thus it is only allowed for staff members to see.

2. Agreed. If we can prevent unnecessary interruptions then why not?

3. Agreed for adding a collision disabling command, but I disagree with the idea of making it default for everyone because it is not natural and could confuse other players.

Thanks for suggesting!

ScrIN

1) The only complaints I heard around where by players who kept forgetting their previous names and suggested to add time limitation between name changes (in other words, to restrict their foolishness). What is that complaint about from different player?

but we then realized that it was a mistake

Why was it a mistake?

2) I like these missions even more when I have to deliver something and at the same time avoid some guys trying to ram me off the earth surface. That's fun. Let's not put games in vacuumed world with no real dangers and challenges. We need some competition.

3) Same goes with this suggestion. Disabling collision would kill realism and fun.

I disagree with the idea of making it default for everyone

newbies are effected by default settings therefore they will get rammed.

What's the difference between new and old players? Can't they both drive vehicles, press brakes if fly away, jump with vehicle. New player might not know basic commands and teleports however can be as skilled and experienced with samp as any other older sfse player. Are there many complaints by new (any) players that server is unplayable/annoying because somebody excessively keeps ramming? After all ramming is fun, it can go both way.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
1. Support. I do remember a command called /alias, but apparently it hasn't been implemented to the current gamemode.
2. I've delivered a lot of goods in SF-SE and only once or twice has ramming been a problem for me. So I don't think a separate world is necessary. If there really are players who are repeatedly being rammed, then I won't mind a separate world.
3. I like the general idea, but I disagree on some of the details. New players will certainly be confused by not being able to collide with other players, so /collisions should be enabled by default. Also, in Pawn, when a player with /collisions disabled rammed a player with /collisions enabled, the first player would drag the second one along, instead of bouncing off like normal. If /collisions is implemented, players who have disabled it should also not affect other players.

Habris

Derby Player of the Year | 2019
2) I like these missions even more when I have to deliver something and at the same time avoid some guys trying to ram me off the earth surface. That's fun. Let's not put games in vacuumed world with no real dangers and challenges. We need some competition.
It does not seem that you freeroam that much, I am suggesting because when I, myself am driving and boosting around mindlessly, I hit people doing deliveries very often, it is not a question of griefing but of accidents, you make it sound like someone is trying to ram you on purpose everytime, that would be the more reason to implement this.

Status
Not open for further replies.