SERVER Dogfight DM

AlmegAlmeg

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2020
VIP
Former Staff
Hi all I wanted to ask you about your opinion for an idea.

I was thinking about a new dm for server which will be DogFight
Command: /df of /dogfight
Sets the player in an area like sfair / lvair / lsair / area 69 and puts him in a hydra. The main point is shooting at each other and destroying each other's hydra like in a real dogfight. Works like a normal dm like /deagle or /sawn or /mg. Same reward for killing. I find it very joyful.
We can also make it more interesting like: players can choose what map to play like in /mg and if it's area 69 you can also be shut down from the launchers from the graund like in singleplayer.

Nothing to add up here, I just want to hear what you guys think and if you want to play it.

***Another idea of how it can be done is by putting players in a huge map like the entire LS and they won't be able to see each other on map, it will force them to look for each other like in /oneshot. This will make the map bigger and make it more challenging. Thank you for your time :D

Enemy

VIP
Hi all I wanted to ask you about your opinion for an idea.

I was thinking about a new dm for server which will be DogFight
Command: /df of /dogfight
Sets the player in an area like sfair / lvair / lsair / area 69 and puts him in a hydra. The main point is shooting at each other and destroying each other's hydra like in a real dogfight. Works like a normal dm like /deagle or /sawn or /mg. Same reward for killing. I find it very joyful.
We can also make it more interesting like: players can choose what map to play like in /mg and if it's area 69 you can also be shut down from the launchers from the graund like in singleplayer.

Nothing to add up here, I just want to hear what you guys think and if you want to play it.

***Another idea of how it can be done is by putting players in a huge map like the entire LS and they won't be able to see each other on map, it will force them to look for each other like in /oneshot. This will make the map bigger and make it more challenging. Thank you for
i like that but when you join /dogfight at the left top corner it would be a good idea to explain how to controll the hydra(how to close/open wheels, how to make hydra faster etc) because not all players know how to fly a hydra.

Metaphor

New Deathmatcher of the Year | 2019
VIP
I like your idea, but i think it would be better with rustler. Why? Answer is simple : you can explose anyone with 1 hydra rocket , but with rustler it will be harder and more competetive in my opinion.
+1 from me

Herobrine

I think there should be a team of 2 players it will be needing 4players or more and each will be divided into 2teams but if somehow there are 5players or more odd numbers then there will be like 3v2 so it can be a problem but anyways It's +1 from me!

Last edited:

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
Good idea.
Though it's similar to /war minigame but in /war minigame each and every player don't use Hydra. Some run around, use weapons, use cars, etc.

This Dog Fight minigame should not allow players to exit their planes.
This Dog Fight should not be a DM but rather a separate minigame.
Events can be done in this minigame as well.

The maps should be bigger for this minigame - like the whole Los Santos city, a big part of desert area, etc. Area 51 would be small for Hydra/Rustler, hard to fly around. Next map should be selected randomly by the server (excluding the current map) and should load after around 10 minutes.

they won't be able to see each other on map
imo players should be able to see others in map if it's big, otherwise it can become difficult to find other players unless there are many players in that minigame.

An idea: How about having a target (player) randomly selected by the server in that minigame? And the other players in that minigame would need to hunt down and kill the target. There will also be a reward for this. Also, server should select a target when there are more than 5 players in that minigame. The number of targets selected should be proportional to the number of players in that minigame (1 target for 5 players, 2 targets for 10 players, 3 targets for 15 players, etc.)

A message (as a textdraw + chat message) should be displayed as to who is the target selected. The name color of the target will be changed to RED and will be visible in the mini-map as a flag. There will also be a time limit for killing the target - 5 minutes seems fine.

When the target is killed then a new target will be selected, and on and on...

[RSK]Cortless

Racer of the Year | 2020
Former Staff
+1 Good Idea. but however if we add rustler instead of hydra so it will be more fun to play and also be challenging. Also, if we look at the hydra in comparison to rustler, you can die and explode by a one rocket from Hydra. Which will not be fun to play. (My Opinion)

AlmegAlmeg

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2020
VIP
Former Staff
Absolutley what I've been thinking of.
The maps should be bigger for this minigame - like the whole Los Santos city, a big part of desert area, etc. Area 51 would be small for Hydra/Rustler, hard to fly around. Next map should be selected randomly by the server (excluding the current map) and should load after around 10 minutes.
Great!
An idea: How about having a target (player) randomly selected by the server in that minigame? And the other players in that minigame would need to hunt down and kill the target. There will also be a reward for this. Also, server should select a target when there are more than 5 players in that minigame. The number of targets selected should be proportional to the number of players in that minigame (1 target for 5 players, 2 targets for 10 players, 3 targets for 15 players, etc.)
Nice idea

Heinrich

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2023
Server Staff
Good idea.
Though it's similar to /war minigame but in /war minigame each and every player don't use Hydra. Some run around, use weapons, use cars, etc.

imo players should be able to see others in map if it's big, otherwise it can become difficult to find other players unless there are many players in that minigame.

A message (as a textdraw + chat message) should be displayed as to who is the target selected. The name color of the target will be changed to RED and will be visible in the mini-map as a flag. There will also be a time limit for killing the target - 5 minutes seems fine.

When the target is killed then a new target will be selected, and on and on...
I like this whole idea Almeg and maybe like Shaan said this might be the way how the minigame would work better. +1 on this