Race Records

Remove them after 2 months

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Feel free to post your opinions!)

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
So, I am planning on adding some maintenance files from our old panel, they feature some simple things like removing old race records that are 2 months old..

It gives other people a chance to get records too.

How would you all feel about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

cawfee

I voted yes. I feel the fun is taken out of racing when the same players hold the same records for a long period of time (of course, such record holders will argue it is representative of their skills). To balance this out, I would suggest removal of race records after perhaps four to six months, opposed to two months. This way, players with awesome skills can be recognized and players with lesser skills can still have a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
I was just saying 2 months cause that what Andre used. It can be changed, I say 3 or 4 months?

Kondor

Gosh,so people with 2nd top time will get 1st if the record gets remove? Or every race time that is older than 2months will get removed? Sorry I was slightly confused in here.

However I do not feel that someone makes a record and hold it for ages is nice,I fully support this. 2months should be changed IMO. 

cawfee

Gosh,so people with 2nd top time will get 1st if the record gets remove? Or every race time that is older than 2months will get removed? Sorry I was slightly confused in here.

However I do not feel that someone makes a record and hold it for ages is nice,I fully support this. 2months should be changed IMO. 
Every race time, according to this model, would be erased. What do you reckon an appropriate time would be?

Kondor

Oh is that so? I still see it as a good idea,same point,people will no longer own a race for ages by one record. That'll make them active at racing and will motivate them to update their records.

Nick

Former Staff
I'm torn. I love the idea of giving other people a chance to get records, but I love the idea of having those records that make you think "how the fuck did they do that?" and trying over and over to beat them. 

Maybe we could have them archived instead of deleted, then the top list in-game and the race records page on the site could show the recent 2 month limit records, but a link to "archived records" could show the older and perhaps faster records. Thoughts? 

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I voted "other" as I support Nick's idea of an active top list and an archive list.

SimpleX

Former Staff
To be honest I don't really think that it'll let other people have the race records. I usually see the record holders racing to beat/improve their own records more than other players beating the current times. With this reset the best times will change but record holding players will remain same I think. It still can change from race to race though.

Bandit

lda #$7f | sta $dc0d
I think it would be cool to have 'race record of the month' for a particular race in each month, but as was mentioned in an earlier post, top times could be archived for posterity. 

My 2 cents worth =) 

Bandit[RtD] 

Vertex

Former Staff
I'm torn. I love the idea of giving other people a chance to get records, but I love the idea of having those records that make you think "how the fuck did they do that?" and trying over and over to beat them. 

Maybe we could have them archived instead of deleted, then the top list in-game and the race records page on the site could show the recent 2 month limit records, but a link to "archived records" could show the older and perhaps faster records. Thoughts? 
I agree with Nick on this because completely removing them is a disregard to that racer I think because sometimes even the racer himself be like ''how did I make that record in the first place?'' and tries more and more to improve his record (I know this from myself, I have a couple records that I do not even fully understand how I got them :)  ) So that is my opinion, would love to hear other suggestions, but I still agree that the reseting time should be changed to 3 or 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.