SERVER Preventing cnr-spawnkilling

Akira

Former Staff
If you join /CnR as a cop, then you should automatically spawn into the San Fierro Police Department (this would prevent being spawnkilled on by those who camp nearby the department, e.g. on the roofs). Once you get outside however, you will no longer be able to enter it (I mean, why'd you camp inside the department the whole time? Where's the point?). Nor robbers should be allowed to enter SFPD as that doesn't make any sense to me. However, the area on the map is supposed to prevent any sort of spawnkilling, then why not make that this area automatically disarms whoever goes in, cops included, as long as they don't get out of it again?

As for robbers, they should be given some similar protection, which means that they will only be able to be killed once they leave their spawn area and commit a crime (such as shooting a cop or robbing a bank, or w/e). I guess a gate should be placed around the spawn so cops won't be able to enter it. If they dare try, then they (robbers included) will get their weapons removed temporarily till they don't get outside again.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
/cnr had safe zones for cops and robbers until the last update. These didn't work exactly as Akira suggests, though. Why were the safe zones removed anyway? I think safe zones were good, because these made spawncamping in /cnr pointless.

nessie

VIP
/cnr had safe zones for cops and robbers until the last update. These didn't work exactly as Akira suggests, though. Why were the safe zones removed anyway? I think safe zones were good, because these made spawncamping in /cnr pointless.
Safe zones were abusive for some reason, for example to avoid getting killed/arrested you just go back to your safe zone and at the same time you can kill the robber/cop without taking any damage.