Player Profile Improvements

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
Hi all.

I want to hear your thoughts on improving our profiles (https://sf-se.net/playerid/4 replace 4 with your regid)

Ideally we need to categories each stat a little better, with a much cleaner look if at all possible.

Thanks.

bear

Server Owner
One of the biggest issues that lets any website down is redundant text. Text is ugly, people are lazy and don't want to read it. It should be kept to a minimum. I feel there are improvements to be made on that side of things, for example:

1605740727848.png

We shouldn't need to dedicate two lines just to say races participated in, won/second/third. There should also be more padding / line breaks between that information and "holding race records in races" (also has redundant text).

Same here:

1605740855678.png

And here:

1605740873064.png

Also, accessibility standards generally discourage the use of bold text. We have a fair bit of bold text going on and it doesn't look great.

There are a number of consistency issues too, for example:

With achievements, we advertise and show the last 5:

1605741261143.png

But for Latest Sessions, that number has doubled, taking up a lot of extra space with no good reason:

1605741296708.png

It gets even worse when we're talking about players with tonnes of race records or stunt wars:

1605741346092.png

Instead, we should limit all results (sessions, swars, race records, etc) to 5, just like achievements, building CSS or JavaScript based expansion options to reveal more results. This would help to cut down on the size of profiles considerably.

Also for the more nitty-gritty stuff, I suggest using Lighthouse - https://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse . On SFSE's site there are various performance, accessibility and SEO issues.

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
Change the color of statistics to slight light blue instead of white:
bandicam 2020-11-19 11-47-48-350.jpg

The lower part of the page looks beautiful as it is more colorful and contains tables(the image above).

So this part (upper part) of the page should be slightly colorful as well:
bandicam 2020-11-19 11-47-34-796.jpg
Maybe change the color of "Kills | Deaths | K/D ratio | Biggest killstreak" to this colour or this. And separators can be added after the end of each category("Deathmatches", "Minigames").

And display the number of race records the player is holding.

Change the message from this: Holding race records in races:
To this: Holding race records in n races:
where n is the number of race records.

Last edited:

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
Thanks for the great ideas on improving, I have taken all ideas on board and hopefully you all like the outcome :)