so i did something hehe

Koshya

Server Staff
hi hi hi
hi
I recently started to write a design for SFSE, just for fun & because I haven't done web design for months, i wanted to show you the first page(landing page) & the other pages in the near future. i'm very interested in your opinion

screenshot_1g5jaa.jpg

bear

Server Owner
Who's to say we aren't selling sfse branded clothes?

That's right, we all want to see you in your SFSE branded t-shirt with a pint of beer!

On-topic: That's a neat design, @k0shya! I would say try to have a softer background more suited to gaming, or just something with a sleek pattern. This would be a big improvement. For example:

SFSE's website is very dated. It is several generations of web-design behind and was originally built back in 2010 for PHP 5. Fast forward 10 years later and almost all websites are mobile responsive (and they should be) and built on fresh frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.

With that in mind, I do know the team have been hard at work updating it, fixing W3 validation issues (i.e. better code quality / standards), improving functionality and so on and I am confident it will only improve. There are some outstanding website issues which will be fixed as soon as the gamemode has been updated (hint: very soon) - as the two are very closely integrated.

Koshya

Server Staff
Hey @bear
First of all, thanks for the words & the idea
I'm going to change the background and change a few little things that i'm not entirely happy with myself.

On the subject of the outdated website, as a web designer / developer myself think that the website is so important for a game/server and that it gives the first impression. You can see that the website has a long history & I'm curious how it will develop in the future:)

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
Hey @bear
First of all, thanks for the words & the idea
I'm going to change the background and change a few little things that i'm not entirely happy with myself.

On the subject of the outdated website, as a web designer / developer myself think that the website is so important for a game/server and that it gives the first impression. You can see that the website has a long history & I'm curious how it will develop in the future:)

We have some big plans for the near future, just finalising a few things! :)

Koshya

Server Staff
quick update, I removed the pink design, even if I thought it was very interesting and i used a dark gray design, which is far easier on the eyes, and i changed the patterns in the background & used a background image from SF!

//Edit i will change the font color of Online list and newest etc..

screenshot_2wzk1s.jpg