SFSE turns 11 years old!

bear

Server Owner
Greetings,

Apologies that this post is late. I was meaning to get to this yesterday, but time got the better of me.

SFSE turned 11 years old yesterday - 10/08/2021 (or 08/10/2021 for @s0ulreaper et al)! Not quite a teenager, but certainly older than some of our players :)

This is an amazing achievement for any community, let alone one like SA:MP which only survives to this day due to the ingenuity of server operators who have to workaround countless server and client bugs (try jumping in our shoes for a while and you'll see how frustrating that becomes).

I won't go personally thanking anyone for our success, as there's simply too many of them. Development, mappers, beta testers (usually made of staff who can spare a bit of time), admins, donators, players. Everyone has contributed in their own way, and it's very much appreciated to have such commited people supporting us. There is SO much more that goes into running a successful community than just the "people at the top". It's ultimately the players who keep SFSE open, and with frequent gamemode updates. There would be no motivation to do so otherwise.

Myself, I can't quite believe that SFSE is still here. We've hit many roadblocks that, on multiple ocassions, have made us question whether to continue doing what we do, but as things stand, we have no plans on going anywhere anytime soon. Quite the contrary, in-fact, as a gamemode update is on the way very soon! adlude probably didn't want that to be public knowledge yet.

To celebrate, we're giving a week's worth of free VIP membership! Sounds good? Simply reply here with a fun moment or good memory you have whilst playing on SFSE (bonus points for screenshots and/or videos) and your VIP will be added as soon as possible! :cool:

VIP Benefits

THANK YOU for making SFSE what it is today! ♥

With love,
bear / Polarbear / tezla99

Last edited by a moderator:

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
My favorite moment was when sfse purchased sef because if it weren’t for that I wouldn’t have met all of the awesome friends that I have made here! I honestly believe this is the best samp community I have ever been a part of

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
If Bear is amazed that SFSE is still alive and well, what must players like me, who have been here for more than 10 years, feel about that? Positively astonished!

Since Bear asked for screenshots, I checked my archives and found something y'all might be interested in. A few years ago, I went through a lot of screenshots from 2012-15 and filtered out some that didn't fit publishing (player reports, screenshots from other servers etc). The result was a gallery of screenshots from various incarnations of SFSE. If anyone is interested, please tell me a good place to upload 700+ images!

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
I feel old.. I've been here practically from the jump. thanks to the dedication of not only our staff team, but also the players in helping keep the server alive❤️

s0ulreaper

Member of the Year | 2021 & 2022
Server Staff
VIP
If Bear is amazed that SFSE is still alive and well, what must players like me, who have been here for more than 10 years, feel about that? Positively astonished!

Since Bear asked for screenshots, I checked my archives and found something y'all might be interested in. A few years ago, I went through a lot of screenshots from 2012-15 and filtered out some that didn't fit publishing (player reports, screenshots from other servers etc). The result was a gallery of screenshots from various incarnations of SFSE. If anyone is interested, please tell me a good place to upload 700+ images!
Google Drive/Photos would be a good place.

Pinch

Staff Member of the Year | 2020
Former Staff
Hey guys,

I've no idea where to start this post since I've made so many memories here but I guess I'll find a way. My SFSE Gallery (more than 3000 pics now) has the most random pics and also the most wholesome ones as well.

Let's start with some random screenshots first.

sa-mp-883.pngsa-mp-874.png
sa-mp-451.png

sa-mp-203.png

sa-mp-802.png

Throughout my experience in SFSE, I've had so many happy moments but I think the most memorable ones would be Christmas 2020 and New Year 2021.

sa-mp-160.png

sa-mp-425.png
(of course, Alan is AFK)

sa-mp-406.png

sa-mp-496.png

Moreover, there's no community that is as friendly as SFSE is. For example, I could post the 100s of screenshots I have in Stunt Wars.. but I'm going to post only a few since the thread is already big. Here's a screenshot of 12 stunters agreeing to post for a picture without any hurry to add a stunt to their stats!

sa-mp-941.png

Back to random screenshots again, to finish it off.

Good old days when Alan would be AFK 24/7..
sa-mp-539.png

and finally, wai.
sa-mp-581.png

That's it from me, folks. Sorry for this long long long long post but I enjoyed being nostalgic, searching through a huge gallery to post the best pics here. I've always wanted to get VIP membership in SFSE and it's really comforting that many of us would be getting it for a week! Thank you bear, for this.

Cheers to more bus trips, more events, more stunt wars and most importantly, more memories together!!!

Love you all! <3

-Pinch

sa-mp-224.png
(Forum Signature material??)

Last edited:

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
In all seriousness, sfse has been a huge part of my life back when I first joined in 2011 up until now!

I have massive respect to bear, cawfee and adlude for everything they've done, constant updates even when times were tough.

Allowing me to re-design the whole front end of the website, that does include some back end updates too!

I genuinely hope sfse stays with us for a long time.

I'll dig up some screens soon as :)

pokles

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2021
VIP
I still look back to this video by Seanolk. Had a trash PC at the time so I couldn't record jack. (I can be spotted while playing Fallout, which is the most obvious spotting for me at least)

lmao look at all those leaked ip addresses xd

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Google Drive/Photos would be a good place.
Here we go, 728 screenshots from SFSE taken between 2012-15. Google Photos says the gallery starts at 2011, but that's just the first screenshot. All the others are from 2012-15. Also, I've never uploaded to Google Photos before, so tell me if the link below doesn't work. Enjoy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vuMisSjEjRjKUgB96