SERVER New ways to get goldstars to gangs

AlmegAlmeg

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2020
VIP
Former Staff
Hi all! Iv'e been thinking, that there are some very limited ways to earn goldstars for gangs, for example:
Landing yellow/red swar
Killstreak of 10
Killing player from another gang in a duel
Delivering to gangbiz
Beating a race record
Gang war and capturing zones

So my conclusion is that if you're not a stunter or a dm player or a racer you dont have more options to earn goldstars, except delivering to gang biz. and lets face it, gang wars and capturing zones while other gangs in game are not so common in server. I'm not sure if that's on purpose, but I've got some more awsome ideas for earning goldstars:

Robbing 5 biz in a row on /cnr +1
Arresting 3 robbers in a row on /cnr +1
Winning 5 derbies in a row +1
Winning 5 fallouts in a row +1
Streak of 50 goldpots +1
Unlocking a hard ach (Rob ach, swars ach, 500 flags ach, veteran player etc...) +3
answer 10 maths in a row +1

I know there is a good chance nothing will get accepted cause earning goldstars should be hard buy, worth the try,
Tell me what you think

Last edited:

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
Besides the maths in a row option, I like the rest and hopefully will increase the activity in other minigames.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I agree that there should be a wide variety of ways to earn goldstars, just as there is a wide variety of ways to earn XP and money.
However, I can see that most of your suggestions contain a streak in one minigame. This might make gangs farm the streaks. But I haven't seen any gang farm goldstars by killing gangmates 10 times in a row. So I don't know if this is an actual problem.

By the way, Pinch made a lot of goldstar-related suggestions here. Maybe these will give inspiration for further ideas.

AlmegAlmeg

VIP
Former Staff
I agree that there should be a wide variety of ways to earn goldstars, just as there is a wide variety of ways to earn XP and money.
However, I can see that most of your suggestions contain a streak in one minigame. This might make gangs farm the streaks. But I haven't seen any gang farm goldstars by killing gangmates 10 times in a row. So I don't know if this is an actual problem.

By the way, Pinch made a lot of goldstar-related suggestions here. Maybe these will give inspiration for further ideas.
You absolutly right there should be a wide variety of ways to earn goldstars. However it should be hard, like landing red/yellow swars or beating a race record, this is why the idea of making streak of minigames. You dint win one time but few times in a row.

If you guys have more ideas please say it, the main point is geting more ways.

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
I concur with the idea of adding more ways to earn goldstars for gangs.

The number of goldpot streaks for earning one goldstar can be reduced from 50 streaks to 25 streaks.

Below are some more ideas for more ways of earning goldstars:
  • Winning a Battle Royale (/br) round
  • Capturing three flags in a single Capture the Flag (/ctf) round
  • Winning 5 Maze (/maze) rounds in a row
More ideas here: https://sf-se.net/forum/threads/suggestions-for-gangs.2924/ by @Pinch

AlmegAlmeg

VIP
Former Staff
The number of goldpot streaks for earning one goldstar can be reduced from 50 streaks to 25 streaks.

Below are some more ideas for more ways of earning goldstars:
  • Winning a Battle Royale (/br) round
  • Capturing three flags in a single Capture the Flag (/ctf) round
  • Winning 5 Maze (/maze) rounds in a row
Sounds GOOD

Hi all! Iv'e been thinking, that there are some very limited ways to earn goldstars for gangs, for example:
Landing yellow/red swar
Killstreak of 10
Killing player from another gang in a duel
Delivering to gangbiz
Beating a race record
Gang war and capturing zones

So my conclusion is that if you're not a stunter or a dm player or a racer you dont have more options to earn goldstars, except delivering to gang biz. and lets face it, gang wars and capturing zones while other gangs in game are not so common in server. I'm not sure if that's on purpose, but I've got some more awsome ideas for earning goldstars:

Robbing 5 biz in a row on /cnr +1
Arresting 3 robbers in a row on /cnr +1
Winning 5 derbies in a row +1
Winning 5 fallouts in a row +1
Streak of 50 goldpots +1
Unlocking a hard ach (Rob ach, swars ach, 500 flags ach, veteran player etc...) +3
answer 10 maths in a row +1

I know there is a good chance nothing will get accepted cause earning goldstars should be hard buy, worth the try,
Tell me what you think
oh yes :)