New spam system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessie

VIP
When someone sends 3-4 messages in the row he will be muted.

But some players are using this to avoid getting muted:
sa-mp-055.png
sa-mp-052.png
This is very annoying.

So why not to make the spam system better?

1 Message per 5 seconds.

Nick

Former Staff
It sounds good at first thought, but you'd quickly realise how annoying that would be if it were implemented. Conversations would probably feel sluggish and annoying to keep up with. I bet it'd be more annoying than the spam.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
The current system checks for identical messages sent. But is there a way to check for similar messages sent? Maybe something like if 80% or more of the characters in the message match for 4 times, the player is muted.

OKAIMBOT

In my oppnion, if a player tried to spam a message or repet himself in 2 secs he get 1st warn, then if he respam get 2nd, in the third one he will be muted automaticly for 120 secs=2 mins, and get auto inmuted by the systeme.
And if he send a message then retype it if wouldn't be accepted : */SendClientMessage (playerid, 0x.,"{ff0000}Do {ffffff}[N]ot [R]epeat [Y]ourself");
If the admins were online and a player get muted wrongly the player should Ask the admins to unmute him using /ask [the question]

Last edited:

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
In my oppnion, if a player tried to spam a message or repet himself in 2 secs he get 1st warn, then if he respam get 2nd, in the third one he will be muted automaticly for 120 secs=2 mins, and get auto inmuted by the systeme.
And if he send a message then retype it if wouldn't be accepted : */SendClientMessage (playerid, 0x.,"{ff0000}Do {ffffff}[N]ot [R]epeat [Y]ourself");
If the admins were online and a player get muted wrongly the player should Ask the admins to unmute him using /ask [the question]

That's how the system works right now. The issue here is players spamming the same message but adding a period (.) at the end of the message. By doing so, they evade the automatic mute because the server thinks the messages are different. When admins are online, this wouldn't be much of a problem: admins can mute the spammers manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.