PROCESSED In-game money & Discord

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Over the last hour or two, I've noticed 2 account-related problems:
1. After a server crash, I noticed that my in-game money had gone down to 4,7 million. I'm pretty sure I had more than 760 million just yesterday. I know this sounds silly, but you can check all the screenshots I've posted recently, in case you don't believe me. I don't remember spending a lot recently. Vodka told me that another player has also recently lost a lot of in-game money.
2. To understand what might have caused the 1. issue, I tried checking the SFSE Discord server. To my surprise, the server simply wasn't listed in my Discord. For a moment, I thought it could be because of inactivity. But considering when I remember using Discord, that didn't check out.

On their own, neither of these issues would concern me (SFSE money is easy to earn back and joining the Discord server isn't a problem either). It's the coincidence that makes me cautious. Does anyone know why these issues have popped up? And why less than an hour apart?

bear

Server Owner
1. CC @adlude
2. That was a prune. We regularly prune both the Discord and the forum. In Discord's case, that involves kicking anyone who hasn't been online for a month or more. I checked the logs and see you were included in that prune.

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
My case is similar.

I used to have about $200M money in my game account. Later it dropped down to about $4M. I believe that happened after I resigned from the staff member position.

My cause may be related to the house system. I used to own two houses when I was a staff member. One of my houses was disowned automatically after my resignation. This disowning can be the cause of my money loss. @vodka gave this theory.

Also, I "own" a house now. But when I try to access this house from /myhouse, it returns an error - "You don't own this house". Moreover, I cannot buy a house currently as this also returns an error - "You already own a house (check out from /myhouse)".

I do not require a house at the moment. But I thought that it would be better to inform you about this. I believe this is known to the staff team (@madvillayo).

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
My cause may be related to the house system. I used to own two houses when I was a staff member. One of my houses was disowned automatically after my resignation. This disowning can be the cause of my money loss. @vodka gave this theory.
I just checked to see if I still own my second house and found it unowned. That strangely clears up everything. To the best of my knowledge, here's how it went:

Because of posting a gallery in the SFSE anniversary topic, I was awarded a week-long VIP membership, beginning on 12 August. VIPs, including temporary ones, have the option to buy a second house. So I did, just to see what happens. My VIP period expired at the end of 19 August. On 20 August, I was no longer VIP but I still owned both houses. On 21 August, the second house was taken away from me, as regular players can own just one. The catch is that the house (ID 355) costs $4,5M. Instead of increasing my money by $4,5M, the server set my money to $4,5M. I managed to gain an additional $200k before noticing the missing money, thus $4,7M. However, unlike for Shaan, my first house still functions as usual (teleporting to it, housecar etc).

TLDR: In a way, I dug this rabbit hole for myself

2. That was a prune. We regularly prune both the Discord and the forum. In Discord's case, that involves kicking anyone who hasn't been online for a month or more. I checked the logs and see you were included in that prune.
OK, that makes sense. I'll reply to the Discord server joining topic if I need to join in the future.

adlude

Server Owner
@Sulps, @Shaan, thank you for the information. I've managed to correct the root cause behind this now. I've refunded the lost money to your accounts. Also @Shaan, your house issue is fixed pending next server restart.

It's unclear if there are other issues with house mixups remaining, but please report any problems you might come upon.

For everyone else: if you recently had VIP and found your money drained, let us know and upon verification your money will be refunded.

Thank you