SERVER Achievements - Remove/Add/Change

AlmegAlmeg

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2020
VIP
Former Staff
Hi everyone!
I know this suggestion might make some member mad and disagree but I still want to know your opinions.
In my opinion, achievements needs to be something that you achieve in game (surprising I know :p ), Something you need to work to get and it doesn't matter if you work hard for them or not. Some of the achievements in the game are extremely hard to achieve, some are hard, some feasible and some are a complete JOKE.

1. New members, that only play for 5 minutes and then leaving forever, can easily get at least 3 achievements in the game without doing anything special like: Novice racer / First blood / First-time winner / Duel virginity / Team player. All those achievements are too easy to achieve and I think they can be removed from the game. You're not doing anything special to get them and sometimes you don't even know they exist. As a player, you're not appreciate them the same way you'll appreciate hard working achievements.

2. I think we can add some achievements to the game that works on levels (really hard for me to explane it without an example). For example, achievements for number of kills (100/500/2500/10000) or play time (1 hour/10/50/200/500/1000).
We can add achievements for money earning (1M/10M/50M/100M). This kind of achievements can give players the reason to earn money, as we know that one of the weaknesses of the game is not enough ways to spend money.
Also, ofc, XP! Let members the reason to get more xp in game and here is an example for how can it be (3000/10k/30k/50k/75k/100k). I think it's very challenging.
This idea can be also added to minigames like goldpots, derby, fallout, stunts (10/50/100...), killstreak (5/8/12...), math tests and reaction tests.

3. The way I see it, the achievements in the game really helps you want to play all kinds of minigames. So I think if we have achievements like MVP / Unstoppable demolition we can add one more for Fallout minigame (win 3 fallouts in a row).

4. Adding more very hard to achieve achievements. We already have some that are very hard for regular players to get like: Near miss / Record king / Gun guru, why not adding more? Here are some examples: Land one hard stuntwar / Hunt one goldpot under 10 seconds / Win an event / Escape a maze within 50 seconds (fallout - 30 sec/derby - 45 sec) / Answer math test in less then 2 seconds (reaction tests as well) / Finish Infernus paradise 3 once (or /is3 or /tm3 I don't remember wich of them is impossable)

We can really experiment with this, and I think it will make the game even more fun and challenging. Give me your opinions, what do you think? or you rather keep it as is. Bty I'm really really sorry Bassam XD.

Bassam

VIP
Former Staff
ngl I would love to see some more achievements.

1. In my opinion achievements like these are supposed to be there for the purpose of encouraging players to look at the achievements list and entertain themselves with achieving more and more, they would be more entertained when they see their achievement count go up.

2. I don't support the money achievement because one individual can send their friend money allowing them to reach the target number (example: 100M) and then he'll return the money to him. 100K score achievement is a little excessive, 50k is almost acceptable.

3. 3 fallouts in a row won't hurt, sure.

4. About the goldpot, reaction&maths, maze, those might be nice. I suggest an ach for landing 3 to 5 red stunts, and about the is3 map, I think it's extremely tough, not a lot have successfully completed it, I suggest making an achievement for completing /ip /ip2 /ip3 in a row and maybe a similar one for the trackmania maps as those are less difficult than is3 and a lot of players can complete them.

Last edited:

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
It's worth noting we do have a money achievement already, being "Filthy Rich" for 10M. Furthermore, technically we do have "level" achievements that are based off of x kills, and go higher each time.

I will always support the idea of new achievements, because a lot of players are interested in completionism outside of SF-SE, and I would love for that to expand into our server. "Hunt one goldpot under 10 seconds" - I really like this one, this could apply to stuntwar for a minute, challenges / mazes / derby rounds etc. I always wanted "10 hard stuntwars" or more "streak based" achievements like 5 races/CTF rounds in a row, etc.

As far as the challenges go, I like the idea of having map-based achievements (like you said with IP3/TM3), but what about "all skydive challenges" or "all race challenges" (for the IP/TM/IS maps, etc).

EDIT: Also yes, please remove or at least replace the easy duel/race achievements.. seeing new players complete their first duel or race essentially floods the chat

Metaphor

New Deathmatcher of the Year | 2019
VIP
Lets be honest /swar is most popular minigame in SFSE and i think there should be more achievements for completing stunts.

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
nooo it's hard bro i still got 0 landed stunts
I can teach you bro

I agree with Meta, there could easily be some "streak" achievements for stuntwar for example, x amount of red stunts, or x amount of "unique" stunts (e.g. landing 100 unique stunts in which all stunts landed would have to be unique stuntwars, not just visage WR over and over)

AlmegAlmeg

VIP
Former Staff
Lets be honest /swar is most popular minigame in SFSE and i think there should be more achievements for completing stunts.
Can't agree or disagree with that claim, but I'd like to keep the achievements balanced with all the minigames

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
This idea can be also added to minigames like goldpots, derby, fallout, stunts (10/50/100...), killstreak (5/8/12...), math tests and reaction tests.

3. The way I see it, the achievements in the game really helps you want to play all kinds of minigames. So I think if we have achievements like MVP / Unstoppable demolition we can add one more for Fallout minigame (win 3 fallouts in a row).
As far as the challenges go, I like the idea of having map-based achievements (like you said with IP3/TM3), but what about "all skydive challenges" or "all race challenges" (for the IP/TM/IS maps, etc).
I swear I've replied to a suggestion with these exact ideas. But I can't find it, so apparently the topic has been purged. I still support these ideas.

1. Easy achievements
As Bassam said, these help new players discover the ach system. Removing these will only distance other ach's from new players.
First Blood is a bit of a spit-in-the-face though. Considering that half of all registered players have achieved it, the spam could be reduced by removing this one ach.

3. Achievements for more minigames
Races have 11 ach's and deathmatches have 9 ach's. At the same time, there are no ach's for maths, reaction tests, Fallout, Battle Royale or Last Man Standing events. Each of these should get at least 1 ach. These could be for winning a certain number, such as answering 100 math tests in total; or winning quickly, such as answering a reaction test within 2 seconds; or winning consecutively, such as 3 Fallout rounds in a row.

4. Very difficult achievements
I'm fine with streak-based ach's like the ones you mentioned.
However, some ach's that already exist are another kind of very difficult, namely the ones for 200 arrests, 200 robberies and 500 flags captured. Barely anyone plays CNR and CTF, so regular players have to be online for thousands of hours to get enough opportunities to get these ach's. The numbers should be reduced from 200 to 100 arrests or robberies and from 500 to 200 flags captured.

AlmegAlmeg

VIP
Former Staff
1. Easy achievements

3. Achievements for more minigames

4. Very difficult achievements
You lost you 2 XD

Well, definitely this suggestion needs some thinking and discussion. I might be wrong, but I think server programming and development are stopped for now, and for now all of this suggestions are pretty useless and this hole thread isn't relevant. :( Fix me if I'm wrong

Bassam

VIP
Former Staff
The numbers should be reduced from 200 to 100 arrests or robberies and from 500 to 200 flags captured.
To be fair to some players (including myself), they've already reached those values and earned the achievements so decreasing the values would be kind of annoying... not to mention that the flags achievement was reduced from 750 to 500 after excessive complaints...

I agree with having below:

1) More achievements added.
2) Challenging achievement that require player commitment and skills to complete.

It would fit with a suggestion I am coming up with soon, stay tuned.