Why did you choose your in game name?

Bandit

lda #$7f | sta $dc0d
I have wondered this for the longest time. Why did you choose your in game name? Was it just 'Oh I like the sound of that' or was it a school nickname etc... I would be interested to hear how you came to be called what you are...

I will start:
I chose my name because I was obsessed with a series of films called Smokey and the Bandit (More info here), starring the late, great Burt Reynolds. (Gentlemen if you have a moustache and it is does not look like his then shave it off in shame!) Burt played the character of Bo 'The Bandit' Darville and drove a Pontiac Firebird (Buffalo anyone?). He was a bootlegger and was always being chased by the police (Smokey, actually Smokey Bear). Great movies, Great actor and he gave me a great persona that has been with me my whole samp life.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Bandit.

Doerek

my name is preatty easy
iam a german and my old name was Jael_Urman and than people think oh a worman than my buddy say change it to derek than i made it than i was playing as derek
than came a admin and say when you change derek to Doerek than i give you 100 eureo (german money) i was relly broke and i made it and i love this name i have this name since 2018

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Sulps was an occasional nickname I had as a child, as it comes from my first name. I didn't want to use my real name as a nickname in a video game, so I chose an existing nickname.

Eighty

Racer of the Year | 2021 - 2023
Server Staff
My name was Eighty for a long time. The reason I chose Eighty is because I had a bike called Eightyeight, and I liked how Eighty sounds.
Right now, my in game name is Lightspeed_Snail. I think you guys know the Disney cartoon movie with a snail, that has a turbo. I mostly race when I am online, so I thought this nick would fit perfectly.

KompoT

Stunter of the Year | 2022
Server Staff
VIP
im late but why not :D
I think I still remember my whole nick-name history
At first being the cringy kid I was I ran with [keyboard_stunt](cant even remember using it but i found a screenshot of me rocking that name)
Then I moved to Lapas_Miske (meaning Leaf_In_Forest or smth like that, I made it randomly when a teamspeak mod asked me to change my name which was Don't worry don't cry drink vodka and fly haha)
then in 2016 I rocked Azotas_TV (Azot was the way russian's used to called nitro in samp when they made drift tutorials)
2017 came around and I made my youtube name and uploaded my first youtube video as Flugxy's

After that i got KompoT due 3 reasons
1. I just loved this drink (compote/kompotas) and would always drink it in my school's cafeteria
2. There used to be a drifter called kampot (i loved his stuff and kinda simped over his videos)
3. my child hood friend always had a nickname Mantas_Kampuotas (so out of respect i took out Kampuotas and shaped it into a more known world wide word for a drink we all love)

So these 3 factors made me pick KompoT and it sticked with me, I have few alts and such, but KompoT became more wide in different games for me, i pretty much use it everywhere
and for more MMO games and such i rock Yamatsukii (just random name i thought of when I imagined a samurai/japanese warrior)

Chaos

Former Staff
Nawaz_kings here. Nawaz is my middle name, which pretty much no one knows IRL.
I switched to Uber, which came from my love for the video game Life is strange. The character says it at some point, and I also saw it in a video title. I googled, and it meant outstanding, and that was it. It stuck with me throughout SFSE, which was my home in SAMP.

Later, when I moved to csgo and then valorant, I got a new name, Professor Chaos, then shorted to Chaos. It came from the word Chaos Theory, a phenomenon I heard of in Life is Strange.

Bandit

lda #$7f | sta $dc0d
Cool! I love the whole Chaos theory concept, and also the futility of certain humans in power that try to order everything only to have a chaotic random event (completely normal in the universe) throw everything up in the air. o_O

Edited for spellz :rolleyes: