SERVER Triumph title system!

A unique and cool idea that will require revamping achievements system and removal of /label.

The concept of this idea is from Destiny 2 game:
"Triumphs is a system introduced in Destiny 2's expansion Forsaken used to track progress in-game and reward players who complete the tasks given with Titles that are displayed below their Gamertag."

Description:
Triumph system is a system that tracks down the progress of all your achievements, once a set of achievements is completed, player will be rewarded with a title.
All titles are earned from completing a set of achievements, players will have to grind and finish a set of achievement in order to earn a title.

Attached document is a list of all SF-SE achievements (added new achievements highlighted in yellow). The list also shows set of achievements for a particular triumph title.

Please check attach pdf file before proceeding with thread for better understanding (the zip file contains excel sheet for editing and sorting).

How to check progress of the titles?
You can check progress of title by using command /triumph
The dialog box will show the list of available titles and completed progress achievement for that title "Completed (x/x)".
By clicking on the title, a list of achievements will appear showing completed (green color) and incompleted (red color) achievements for that particular title.

What does /ach or /achievements show?
It show a mixed list of all achievements in server from multiple titles (completed "green" and incompleted "red").
If you want to check the set of achievements for a particular title, use command /triumph

How many available titles are there?
There are currently 4 available titles.
  • Notorious
  • Pioneer
  • Unbroken
  • Flawless

How to equip completed triumph titles?
Triumph titles are equipped by clicking on title name from command /triumph
You can only equip completed titles.
Once title is equipped, it will be presented in your /stats, at the top.

I do not like the title appearing on my /stats, how to remove it?
You can control that by using command /triumph
The command will show list of titles and there will be an option to remove title.

Can I equip multiple titles?
No, you can only equip one title at once.
If you earned more than one title, you can switch in between.

I switched to another title but it did not update on my /stats, what to do?
You will have to relog for it to take action.

I removed the title but it is still appearing on my /stats, what to do?
You will have to relog for it to take action.

Players can see my title?
Yes, once you equip the title, it will be shown in your (/stats) as shown below:
Triumph title: <title>
1613726577301.png

Can I get the title above my head?
Yes, to get your title above your head you need to use label feature (VIP feature).

How to become a VIP?
There are 2 ways to get VIP membership at SF-SE.
  1. By donating here: https://www.sf-se.net/help/vip (Monthly payment: $2.99 USD | One time payment: $17.99 USD).
  2. As a reward from reporting bugs here: https://www.sf-se.net/forum/forums/bug-reports.13/ (please make sure to read this before reporting the bug).

How would we know if player won any achievement or earned the title in-game?
An announcement on mainchat once a player earn achievement or unlock a triumph title will be presented as below format.

When a player earn an achievement:
[Achievement] <player name>(id) has earned the achievement "<achievement>".

When a player unlock a triumph title:
[Triumph] <player name>(id) has earned the title "<title>".

Which title is the easiest one to get?
There should not be a single title in-game that you can unlock quickly.
Triumph titles are designed to be an over period of time grind and wont be something that you would obtain overnight.
But, I will be real with you when I say that there will be one or two most common titles you will ever see in-game, because of the fact that it is significantly easier than a lot of other titles to get in-game, again, I said easier, not easy, because you still have to put a lot of work to get them. Despite the fact that they are less demanding than the other title in the game.

What are the colors of the titles?
All titles will have a standard color of Purple.

What are the effects of this system on current provided features in-game?
  • Removal of /label
  • Revamping of Achievement system

Feel free to ask any question down below, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Triumph titles.pdf
    32.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Triumph_titles.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Kristian

I like your idea, but i have to ask could redoing the achivement order be a bit too much to provide this? (I dont know if its hard to redo the achivement order so i ask that) And i think the removal of label isnt the best idea myb keep the label but u can equip it only if u dont equip any of the triumph labels. But overall good suggestion

If you already completed such existing achievement, then no need to re-do.

Removal of /label is required as you can easily just write down that title name / color through (/label), so what's the point of all this then? ;)

This system will require players to actually grind and work harder to earn and have such a title above your head in-game.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
I like the idea of grouping achievements into categories and it fits past suggestions (by @scheel and @AlmegAlmeg ) but I'm against the removal of /label command. Most of the VIPs donate for this feature particularly and taking it away from them defeats the purpose. My honest opinion is that I wouldn't want to have a random title above my head.

We can probably work around this.

Lets say in order for player to unlock the (label) feature, player is required to complete and earn all triumph titles. :)

Players would grind and aim for these titles, this encourage more activity in-game as well.

AlmegAlmeg

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2020
VIP
Former Staff
I'll be honest we you I almost didn't understand anything but I got the main idea, it's nice. I do think we can do them as acheivements. I couldn't understand what it based on, score? money? kills? Another something that's bothering me is you replace it with /label. At first this feature is for VIP and one of the reasons why members buy VIP. Also I don't like the texts above your name (or under) because it's interrupting in game and minigames (swar, dms) and as more you add the more problematic it becomes, add below your name the triumph and if you're a VIP or admin you have another name below that, it makes it a huge mess.
OK my main problem is that I didn't understand this suggestion clearly.

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
Like Kostas said, /label being taken away from VIP and putting into this "triumph" system (why not just call it titles?) is not the way to go.

We previously had a decent amount of players who went for a "completionist" level when it came to achievements, but that's not the case anymore. I don't particularly think a title would help revive that.. especially cause /label is just generally more appealing because you can write anything. I'd rather have something related to MSK above my head than "Stunt God" or whatever title it'd correlate to

I'll be honest we you I almost didn't understand anything but I got the main idea, it's nice. I do think we can do them as acheivements. I couldn't understand what it based on, score? money? kills? Another something that's bothering me is you replace it with /label. At first this feature is for VIP and one of the reasons why members buy VIP. Also I don't like the texts above your name (or under) because it's interrupting in game and minigames (swar, dms) and as more you add the more problematic it becomes, add below your name the triumph and if you're a VIP or admin you have another name below that, it makes it a huge mess.
OK my main problem is that I didn't understand this suggestion clearly.

I honestly don't understand your reply.

Like you say: "you replace it with /label."

and then you say: "I don't like the texts above your name (or under) because it's interrupting in game and minigames (swar, dms) and as more you add the more problematic it becomes, add below your name the triumph and if you're a VIP or admin you have another name below that, it makes it a huge mess."
Literally you are just complaining about the current feature in-game.

The statement you mention at start is solution for the problem you created at 2nd.
1613667790201.png

Currently at SF-SE, maximum titles a player can have are 3.
- label
- vip
- admin

I am not adding/reducing that amount, as of why I have said replace /label.

Kostas mentioned about removing label feature and it's effect, I agree with him, and I tried to come up with a solution.

Please check attach pdf file before proceeding with thread for better understanding (I can provide excel file for editing upon request, via discord).
Also, I think you skipped this part from the thread.
re-reading the thread again might help in understanding it. :)

Like Kostas said, /label being taken away from VIP and putting into this "triumph" system (why not just call it titles?) is not the way to go.

We previously had a decent amount of players who went for a "completionist" level when it came to achievements, but that's not the case anymore. I don't particularly think a title would help revive that.. especially cause /label is just generally more appealing because you can write anything. I'd rather have something related to MSK above my head than "Stunt God" or whatever title it'd correlate to

It is just an idea that might be used for future development, we can take the good of it, and ignoring the bad. :)

I agree, removing label feature would affect VIPs.

Also, I forgot to mention that players are not forced to use title even if they earned it, they can keep it disabled as well.

Another possible solution to what @Kostas mentioned would be as below:
  1. Keep /label feature without any changes.
  2. Player cannot equip title while label is enabled (player is required to turn off label and then equip title).
Which bring us to point that players would rather just use label feature to replicate triumph title easily.

So I came up with another solution:
  2. Instead of a triumph title to be equipped and appeared above your head as replacement of label feature, a title to be equipped and appeared in your /stats, example: "Triumph title: <title>".

I think we missing the main idea here, which is grinding for achievements.
Many players would challenge each other for new achievements and its rewards.
The last solution I proposed would be a perfect fit for both parties. ;)

Last edited:

Kristian

It is just an idea that might be used for future development, we can take the good of it, and ignoring the bad. :)

I agree, removing label feature would affect VIPs.

Also, I forgot to mention that players are not forced to use title even if they earned it, they can keep it disabled as well.

Another possible solution to what @Kostas mentioned would be as below:
  2. Player cannot equip title while label is enabled (player is required to turn off label and then equip title).
Which bring us to point that players would rather just use label feature to replicate triumph title easily.

So I came up with another solution:
  2. Instead of a triumph title to be equipped and appeared above your head as replacement of label feature, a title to be equipped and appeared in your /stats, example: "Triumph title: <title>".

I think we missing the main idea here, which is grinding for achievements.
Many players would challenge each other for new achievements and its rewards.
The last solution I proposed would be a perfect fit for both parties. ;)
I like ur thinking there, and i do like the idea of triumphs being in stats instead above your head, tht is a good idea from my view

droptek

I think the suggestion is really cool, unqiue and fresh. It seems kinda strange and useless at first, but if you think about it, that could bring up more interest in players to farm money, score, titles, etc... (of course, when you win a title or an achievment of the /triumph, there could also be an XP and money reward). I also think this is a very original idea and probably more players would take an interest of the ''Triumph function/system in SAMP'' if it ever gets added and add it/suggest it on other servers.

I gotta be honest, at first, I didn't really digged in the suggestion, since I thought that it will be useless or not that much interesting for the players, but then I realised that I'm not completely right about it, I digged in a bit more and in-depth and saw that it can be a good and non-typical feature. You always gotta be experimental and try new scripts and things.

It's not guaranteed that it would attract more players to come in the server (hopefully it does), but I'm sure that it would make people, who already are playing on the server stay for a little while to grind on these achievments.

Overall, I would give it a +1, because the idea and the system have a potentional in turning the tables.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Re-arranging the ach's (achievements) so that ach's for the same minigame are next to each other is a good idea. But that's the only part of your suggestion I agree with.
Let's take a look at some of the proposed ach's:
  • Finish 5000 races in 2nd place
  • Win 3000 duels
  • Arrest 400 players
Players would need to grind for thousands of hours to reach these, making them inaccessible for every player in SFSE except for 1 or 2 that have played for that long. Considering that there are several such ach's per triumph title, it would take years before the first player reaches just one triumph. Creating such an elaborate system that would only impact a handful of players is simply not worth it.
The proposed ach's and triumphs would further unbalance the distribution of ach's. One quarter for racing, another quarter for DMing, another quarter for general things like XP and online time. This leaves only one quarter for all the other minigames in SFSE. What's more, a bunch of minigames would still be without a single ach: maths, reaction tests, Fallout, Battle Royale and Last Man Standing events.

TLDR: If a triumph system is implemented, the choice of ach's and categories of ach's for each triumph would have to be completely different.

If a triumph system is implemented, the choice of ach's and categories of ach's for each triumph would have to be completely different.

Yes, agree with you, as the categories and additional achievements added are just to help me deliver the idea of this suggestion.
I would actually encourage developer to change some/all added achievements and categories to fit their analysis.
That's why you can see new added achievements are assigned without defined name and highlighted in yellow to differ them from existing ones.

I have attached here and updated the thread with excel file for easier edit and sorting.

Attachments

• Triumph_titles.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: